Continuing from dark circles, today we'll talk about eye bags and puffiness.
What causes puffiness?
The natural thinnest under the eyes exaggerates any fluid build-up beneath, causing eyes to look puffy. Propensity for this build-up is usually hereditary or age-related, as skin laxity causes fat pats normally inside our eye sockets to move forward.
Daily routine focus
Actives that help relief eye bags fall under two main groups
- Discourage fluid retention e.g. certain speciality peptides and plant/marine extracts
- Strengthen dermis strength by promoting collagen formation e.g. Vitamin C, AHAs
Other things we can do to help reduce fluid retention around the eye area are
- Consume foods rich in potassium - bananas, avocados, sweet potatoes and white beans
- Limit sodium/salt intake
- Drink plenty of plain water throughout the day
- Apply cold compress (or anything cold)
- Gentle lymphatic drainage massage
Admittedly, eye bags treatment are limited in variety and effect. However, because of the thinnest of the under-eye area, any slight improvement makes a big difference in appearance.